Why did Elon Toy with Twitter? Was Withdrawing his Plan from the Beginning?
Elon is buying Twitter not to make money but because it has become the digital town square
Mr. Elon Musk, the CEO of Tesla electric vehicle and Space X satellite companies, says he is buying Twitter not to make money for himself but because it has become the global town square and he is passionate about using it to protect free speech. Twitter is not nearly as big or profitable as rivals such as Facebook or Instagram and the app looks boring compared to Instagram or TikTok. Elon may not have yet fully thought through his vision for Twitter, but if anyone can unlock its extraordinary potential. His statements about his plans up to this point have been brief, gnomic, and occasionally contradictory.
Elon Musk will break the Twitter deal:
Elon is buying a toy with little idea of what to do with it, beyond a vague devotion to a libertarian concept of free speech, which may be much harder to put into practice than he imagines. This Twitter deal is important because Twitter has come to occupy a crucial place in public debate.
Perhaps Elon could open up its core API – the bit of Twitter that has all the data on users and their tweets and let other entrepreneurs build apps and websites on top of it. Musk’s Twitter will look like here are some very sensible things he can do to improve both his new toy and all of our lives. There’s no doubt, that with Musk in charge Twitter will get worse.
Mr. Elon Musk wrote Free speech is the bedrock of a functioning democracy, and Twitter is the digital town square where matters vital to the future of humanity are debated. And he says he is worried that free speech is being sacrificed to woke values. After all, most seasoned commentators said he couldn’t buy Twitter in the first place.
More Trending Stories
- Ethereum Will Be the Cryptocurrency of the Future, this CEO Says
- China gives Life to a Dystopian AI and Uses it to Check Party Loyalty
- Nothing Phone comes with a Web3 Twist, Thanks to Polygon Partnership
- What are GPT-3 Parameters?
- Human-Like Robots Are Often Overestimated to Be Thinkable: Research
- Now AI will Decide Whether to Keep a FIFA Player in The Game or Not
- Google and Microsoft call ‘Emotion AI’ risky but only limits usage
- Top 10 Web3 Company Stocks that Will Reach New Height in 2022
The post Why did Elon Toy with Twitter? Was Withdrawing his Plan from the Beginning? appeared first on .