Meta Pay will be the same easy, secure way for you to shop, send money, and donate to causes you care about across Meta’s technologies
Meta or formerly known as Facebook rebranded last year reinforced its commitment and vision to help build the next evolution of social connection — the metaverse. And to prove how serious and dedicated they are when it comes to the metaverse, Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg changed Facebook Pay to Meta Pay to bring their payment offering closer to their rebrand. Meta Pay will be the same easy, secure way for you to shop, send money, and donate to causes you care about across Meta’s technologies, including Facebook, Messenger, Instagram, and WhatsApp, as well as anywhere you previously would’ve seen the Facebook Pay button while shopping online. Meta Pay’s features and overall user experience people know from Facebook Pay will remain the same. This change is first rolling out in the US and will roll out globally over time.
Just like with Facebook Pay, with Meta Pay people will be able to:
- Add their preferred payment method once, then use Meta Pay where available to make payments and purchases across our technologies and while shopping elsewhere online.
- View payment history, manage payment methods, and update their settings in one place.
- Get 24/7 customer care via email or chat where available.
Meta Pay could make the metaverse more attractive for retailers, as simplicity drives more consumer spending. A 2020 Marketing Science Institute study found that customers spent 17.4% more at retail sites after sellers adopted one-click buying. Conversely, 17% of consumers in a Statista survey abandoned their online orders because the checkout process was too complicated.
The immersive nature of the metaverse makes easy buying essential, OnConvergence analyst Tom Brannen said. Suppose customers interact with the metaverse on a virtual reality (VR) headset. In that case, they won’t want to take it off to type in a credit card number.
Security and Protection for Payments
Meta has offered trusted payment services since 2009. Today, the company enables people and businesses in over 160 countries to make payments in 55 currencies.
Meta will continue to invest in security. Just as with Facebook Pay, Meta Pay encrypts and securely stores your payment card numbers, performs anti-fraud monitoring on its systems to detect unauthorized activity, and notifies you if that occurs. You can also create a Meta Pay PIN or use your device’s face or fingerprint recognition to secure every payment.
How to Set up Meta Pay
If you have previously set up Facebook Pay, then there’s no action required to start using Meta Pay. All of your existing Facebook Pay information will remain the same in Meta Pay, including account details, your payment method, and settings. If you’re new to Meta Pay, it’s easy to set up:
- Go to Payments settings
- Enter your payment method and account information. Meta Pay supports most major credit and debit cards, as well as PayPal and Shop Pay
- Use Meta Pay the next time you make a purchase, donate, or send money across our technologies or anywhere you see the Meta Pay button when shopping online (Please note that availability, use cases, and setup may vary)
Last year, Meta spent US$10 billion on its metaverse division, chasing a market Constellation Research estimates could hit US$21.7 trillion by 2030. However, this spring, Meta announced that it would spend less on developing the metaverse in the face of lackluster revenue growth.
Meta’s spending has given it a strong position in the VR/AR market. The company’s Meta Quest 2 accounted for 80% of the AR and VR headsets sold worldwide in 2021, according to research firm IDC.
More Trending Stories
- Ethereum Rally is Possible Only if ETH Crosses US$1,500 Resistance
- Google Cloud Paves the Way for Users to Track Down their Carbon Footprint
- Meta’s Metaverse is Not a Place for LGBTQ+ Community, Just like Insta
- This Robot Is Prejudiced and Creators are Benefiting from its ML Model
- Can You Land a Job in FAANG as a Self-Taught Cybersecurity Pro?
- Researchers Infuse ‘Human Guesses’ in Robots to Navigate Blind Spots
- Quantum Internet Seems Possible! Qubits can be Read Without Being Destroyed
The post Why Meta Pay will Step over Sprouting Metaverse Payment Platforms? appeared first on .